Sunday, September 16, 2007

9/15 Beijing


Our last day as a group. I finished my project this morning. It was a watercolor and ink drawing of the reflected images of people walking with umbrellas. The reflections were cast on stone floors at the temple of heaven. I also included a sampling of words from my thoughts of the day. Alone......content...looking in back on the trip as we are about to depart. In the evening we went to a famous tea house where there were live performances from different samplings of Chinese culture. There was a bit of opera, some kung fu,balancing acts and even a pair of men who could impersonate virtually any sound. It was a nice way to end the trip.

2 comments:

oranje_armee said...

Hey, don't have your email so I'll hope you see this comment. I hope your trip goes awesome. Read my blog about our absolutely ridiculous 18 hour plane ride back (ultimachina.blogspot.com)

Jessica wants your email. She said she couldn't make out what you wrote for sure. Let me know and I will forward the message. rouge_armee@yahoo.com

Later, have a safe trip.

Jesse

Alex Nice said...

More posts please.